Monday, May 5, 2008

My Birthday Adventures!


my oh my! nothing in my world is ever ordinary....
But before I begin~

Happy Birthday little brother!
I hope you had a great day!
Ok, on to my story:
The weekend started out great!

Sweetie and I had dinner with our friend Ryan.
Out for a nice relaxing Mexican meal with Mango Margaritas for me!

Saturday was going to be busy!
I had to pick up the ranunculas I had this great florist in Scottsdale order for me!
North Scottsdale Floral ~ hi!! and thanks!!
I did not realize it was the end of the season and I did not want to miss out.
They did not let me down! take a look at these beauties.







After our florist adventure we were off to Tucson!

I wanted, no, needed to get there as quickly as possible to pick up my birthday gift for myself....my crown!

A big thank you to Vanessa Valencia (please visit her blog A Fanciful Twist, you will be happy you did!) for sharing with me where she got her crown and how to find the store.

If you are ever in Tucson you NEED to visit Bon. It is filled with all sorts of treasures. It is absolutely wonderful. I did not want to leave...in fact I would very much like to live there!

To see see pictures of Bon, visit A Fanciful Twist, this link will send you to Vanessa's post about the store!

This is my crown and I could not be happier!





The rest of saturday we played with our new Wii! wow is that too much fun!
But then it was time for rest...Sunday was my birthday and I wanted to be ready for a fun day of who knows what was in store....little did I know....
I woke up in the morning with the worst sore throat..you know that dry feeling and you keep swallowing but it does not help and then you drink a ton of water and then you feel better? Well I drank a ton of water and nothing helped! And then as I woke up more I realized I could not breath so well..yikes...and it felt like something was stuck in my throat...I thought it was a bug..I sleep with my mouth open (hehehee). Nope, could not get anything to come up and this difficultly breathing was starting to get a little concerning...I woke Sweetie up and told him what was wrong...I was even talking funny. This was not good!
Off to the Emergency room we went!
Well long story more or less short my uvula (that thing that hangs in the back of your throat) was all red and swollen! That was what I felt in my throat and what was blocking my airway!
After some IV steroids and antihistamines and way too long in the ER we were able to go home. They said I had an allergic reaction to something...pollen in the air most likely...
We tried to make the best of the day. We picked up some lunch and a new game for the Wii and just hung out at home. We put off our nice dinner and presents until later...I can't believe I let him put off presents, but boy was I beat from the day. Hopefully tonight we celebrate properly.
Life with me is never boring!
xoxo

No comments: