Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Traveling through the desert

I have lived in the desert for about a year and a half now...and if you read my blog I think you know its not my favorite place.

The above picture pretty much described what I thought the desert had to offer.

But Sweetie and I drove about 5 hours from our spot in the desert to my mom's spot in the desert for a quick weekend visit.
We have made this trip before but the desert wanted to show me something different this time.
And I was paying attention.
Driving west out of town with the clouds rolling in, cactus on the hills and the most beautiful shades of blue.
ok, i am listening...

Rocks stacked on rocks...how did they get there?

2 days later on the way home, they are still there...will they be there forever?

The world awash in gold, it really could not be lovelier.

I heard you, you are beautiful.

xoxo

No comments: